Saturday, August 4, 2007

Trip to the design center...

This is my inspiration for my kitchen.

We were able to go in and select our options and colors. The person helping was very helpful and kind. We learned so much from her and was able to choose all things that we wanted. It was kind of hard because the samples are small and it's hard to tell how everything will look together. I had pictures of my selections but there was a virus on my computer and I lost all the pictures.

This is what we selected:

Flooring:
Beige 20x20 ceramic tiles in the entry, living, hallway, kitchen, dining, and the master bathroom. Instead of tiling the laundry, bath 2 and 3, we decided to save some money by getting Vinyl flooring instead. All the bedrooms will have white carpet.

Cabinets:
We are getting cherry cabinets with weathered iron knobs which I think will look beautiful. There's just something about the color that makes it look so rich and elegant.

Counter tops:
Black granite kitchen counter, my husband's choice. I was thinking of getting a more neutral color, but nope the husband spoke. I was worried that this might not look as nice with the cherry cabinet because they both are dark but my inspiration picture looks amazing.

Bathroom counters, we selected tiles. Cream in the master and bathroom 3 and white in bathroom 1 and laundry to match the white sink.

Stainless steel appliances, got to have the stainless to pull off the granite. I just love kitchens with stainless appliance and granite. My favorite show right now is "My house is worth what?" and "Spice up my kitchen".

Tip: Always go with your first choice because it's always your best.

No comments: