Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Appliances must match...

We got the stainless steel package, so now I’m on the hunt for a stainless steel Whirlpool fridge. Do I really have to get a Whirlpool? Does it have to be stainless? YES, because all my appliances are whirlpool and it would just look tacky to get something else. The only thing is that Whirlpool is so expensive. I’ve looked everywhere, but so far the best deal I’ve found is at this appliance outlet store. So far these are our selections:

Whirlpool GC5NHAXS $2,399
This one from the outlet store is only $1,559. I’m regretting not getting it because I know it's probably gone by now. I really don’t want to spend a lot, but it’s hard to find a cheap stainless steel fridge. I'm still debating if I should just buy one right now or wait until my house is finish. Besides I'm counting on the price going down.





Whirlpool GF6NFEXT $2,099
This one is nice too and less expensive, but right now I don't want to spend more than $900-1500.















I'm also thinking of getting something like this to. I like the black because my
stove and dishwasher also has the black accent.
Whirlpool GS6NVEXS $1,800



They also have this new stainless steel looking stuff call "Satina", but it's a little bit darker than stainless. My only concern about going with this is that the appliances might not match. The plus side to the Satina is that it's smudge proof and easier to maintain.




Tip: Most stores these days do price matching, so never pay asking price unless you have to. It's tedious, but with the internet you can view online weekly ad to compare prices. Something I also learned is that paying cash gives you an upper hand in negotiating prices.

1 comment:

k_iris said...

Gosh, love the washer and dryer! I can't wait to see your house! =)