Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Bulbs planted and starting on vegetable garden...

I planted my bulbs 2 weeks ago. The instructions called for a 6 inch hole and the bulbs had to be 4 inches apart, which required a lot of muscle from my husband. Our dirt is hard as rock. My husband got blisters just digging 3 flower beds. I ended up selecting a mixture of pastels and bold color tulips, hydrangeas, and something else.


I'm a little worried that the flowers might not grow because the dirt is hard. How will the roots push through the dirt? Well I won't know until early spring and summer. Hopefully the bulbs doesn't go to waste. I would love to have some fresh flowers.

I've been spending my Friday mornings taking care of my backyard. I know it's my husband's job, but it's very relaxing. I tend to my flower beds by taking out unwanted weeds. I've been prepping the soil in my vegetable garden. My husband tells me that it's too cold to plant anything now, so I'll have to wait until the spring. I'm not sure what I will be planting, but probably a typical vegetable garden.

No comments: